I am an experienced, accredited counsellor/psychotherapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), an experienced Advanced Hypnotherapist and Clinical Supervisor. I have experience working with a wide range of issues and have worked in a wide range of settings; including the NHS, both long term secondary care and GP practice, with a nationally affiliated mental health charity and within private practice.
How do I work?
I work as an integrative therapist. This means that I have studied a number of theories, from humanistic to CBT, from solution focused to creative therapies, and have brought them together to form a coherent, integrative practice.
I work in a way that builds a relationship between us so that you can trust me to help you deal with whatever is concerning you. I recognise the diversity of clients and do not use a one size fits all approach. I, therefore, tailor your therapy to fit you, helping you define the changes you would like to make in your life and then I help you to implement them. I can give you as much or as little time as you need.
One of my aims will be to equip you with the skills, tools and techniques you need to free you of your worries and problems. I understand how often something you have been told or have discovered, can slip easily from your mind when you leave a session. I, therefore, supply hand-outs where appropriate to refresh your memory and I am also happy for you to bring a note book along to sessions to jot down things you may wish to remember.
As therapy progresses and you feel more in control of your life again, we will focus on relapse prevention so that when therapy ends you are better equipped to deal with anything that life throws at you in the future.
What type of work may we do together?
A lot of people go through life being the person others want them to be or not knowing who they really are. I will work with you to discover what it is you want out of therapy. I will help you understand what is happening in your life and explore what you want to change. I will help you learn and develop more effective strategies to cope with such things as anxiety, anger or stress and most importantly relapse prevention, so that you can keep your mind healthy for the future.
I am a highly qualified and accredited therapist with thousands of hours experience. This means that appropriate professional bodies have checked and passed my work, endorsing that I have the knowledge, not only help you, but to keep you safe. I will use my experience and training to help you put the pieces of your jigsaw back together so that you can live the life you want. My personal pledge is that: I will endeavour to do my best to help you make the changes in your life you want now.
Therapy is not always easy, it can be tough and painful at times, therefore, you need to choose a therapist who can support you and keep you safe during those testing times. On the rare occasions I feel I cannot help you, I will refer or signpost you in an appropriate direction, so that you get the help that you need and don't feel you have wasted your time.
- Post Grad Certificate in Supervision (University of Chester)
- MA in Counselling Studies (University of Chester)
- Advanced Diploma In Hypnotherapy (Academy of Advanced Changework)
- Certificate in Couples & Relationship Counselling (Macclesfield Counselling and Training Centre).
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy (Academy of Advance Changework)
- Diploma in NLP (Academy of Advanced Changework)
- Higher National Diploma in Counselling (Hereford).
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Hereford)
- Essentials in Gender and sexual minority therapy (Pink Therapy)
- BWRT Level 1 - General Psychopathology
- BWRT Level 2 - Psychology of Identity and Behaviour
Professional Membership / Registration
- I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy: MBACP (Accred).
- I am an accredited Sexual Diversity Therapist (Pink Therapy): Accred SDT.
- I am a member of the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- I am a member of the Accredited Voluntary Register as outlined by the Department of Health.
- I am a founder member of the British Brainworking Research Society
- I hold a clear enhanced DBS certificate (old CRB).
£45 per session for individual counselling/psychotherapy
£55 per session for relationship therapy
£50 per session for Hypnotherapy
£50 per session for BWRT